Saturday, July 17, 2010

Time for pottytraining?

Lately, I've been ready to pull every hair out of my head!  My son, Brinner, will be 2 in October.  He has now figured out how to take off his diaper.... along with taking off a pull-up.  He sleeps in pajamas, however when I wake up he is completely nude!  I've tried taping the diaper, turning it backwards, etc.  The only thing that does actually work is putting on a hot one piece sleeper, zipped up.... (he can undue the buttons)!  I hate this "method" though, being we live in Texas and it's super hot!  I've also tried swim trunks, since they are kind-of difficult to take off with the mesh.  That was a dud also!
 I'm taking this as a huge lit up sign, flashing POTTY TRAIN  ME!  He's scared of the potty and still doesn't understand the whole concept.  If anyone has any advice, please, please, please comment me!  I'm desperate at this point!
~ Thanks so very much, Kristi B.

5 comments:

  1. I think it is time for potty training! There are cute potty training seats you can get so they he won't be afraid of trying it out. Also, you can offer a small incentive for every time he uses it. My nephew was trained at 18 months and all my sister did was give him 1 M&M every time he used the potty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started PT my son quite yet, but we have an open door policy. We leave the door open when we use the bathroom so he can see it's normal. He's started to show interest which is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WOULD TRY USING A REWARD SYSTEM WHEN YOU GO TO POTTY TRAIN HIM. OFFER HIM HIS FAVORITE GOODIE AFTER HE USES THE POTTY. kytah00@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! This is candyluxdesigns from Etsy. Remember me? Hehe Well, mine does the same but as "cdziuba" said and I also read on a magazine for parents "Kids decide when and how to leave the diapers behind". I hope this helps, I also bought a potty but even though he sits on it, he doesn't understand that concept at all. hehe I guess we'll just have to take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't started potty training yet, but my mother in law used a potty with a wind up musical thing...maybe he'd be less scared of it with the musical element involved? Also, another idea to where he might not be able to get his diaper off would be using cloth diapers w/baby safety pins and a diaper cover. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

ShareThis